Pharmacist at Alight (Deadline: 30th May,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization
Few Information About Us
ALIGHT works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people, and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crises, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full-time staff, community mobilizers, and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Prevention/ Protection.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title : Pharmacist
Number of Job Positions 1
Job Positing Date: 19th May,2022
Job Closing Date : 30th May,2022
Job Location: Kigali
💼 Job Specification
VACANCY – PHARMACIST
ALIGHT works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security and self-sufficiency. ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full time staff, community mobilizers and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven and committed individual to join its team as Pharmacist based in Kigali with 40% travel to field sites where ALIGHT operates.
ALIGHT is looking for an experienced, result driven, innovative and highly motivated pharmacist to implement well-defined standard pharmaceutical supply chain management processes and activities to enable effective and timely delivery of medicines and medical supplies to the ALIGHT’ Health Facilities. The Pharmacist should ensure adherence to Ministry of Health (MoH), World Health Organisation (WHO), ALIGHT protocols and SOPs for all aspects of pharmaceutical supply chain management, including: quantification, procurement, storage & distribution, rational use and overall quality assurance. H/She should serve clients (sites in the field) by interacting and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of health care providers, Partners, Management and supporting Team.
The pharmacist will furthermore provide coordination, technical support and capacity building to Field Nurse Pharmacists, medical doctors, storekeepers, Warehouse Manager, Operations and Program Staff both in Kigali and at the field level.
Within a matrix management structure, the Pharmacist will report to the Operations and Logistics Coordinator and directly supervise the Warehouse Assistants in charge of the pharmacy and nurse pharmacists in charge of pharmacy store at field level. He will actively collaborate with the Technical Advisor for health and Nutrition and with field based Medical/Health coordinators.
- Ensure medicines, medical supplies, medical equipment and cold chain equipment meet standard needs of outpatient, mass vaccination, disease treatment, in-patient units and patients referred to secondary and tertiary for all camps;
- Ensure appropriate disease treatments and therapies are followed according to national drugs treatment regimes and international best practices;
- Provide pharmaceutical information to medical and non medical teams members, wherever needed for patient care or procurement purposes;
- Contribute to the development/ keeping up to date and adherence to ALIGHT pharmaceutical supply chain SOPs through participation in the ALIGHT pharmaceutical working group;
- Provide technical guidance and capacity building to ALIGHT’ nurse pharmacists in pharmacy management, drug storage, and protocols and standards;
- Organize trainings (by making use of available online and other training sources, or facilitating trainings directly) for staff involved in pharmacy management in all sites;
- Take the lead in organizing pharmacy improvements in all sites;
- Liaise with the MOH Pharmaceutical Task Force to keep abreast of the latest MoH rules and regulations and ensure all relevant staff including field pharmacy staff as well as Kigali logistics and programs staff are implementing these regulations accordingly;
- Ensure proper storage of medicines, medical supplies and equipment is maintained within national guidelines and remain in line with international standards of best practices;
- Conduct regular supervision visits in all field sites to ensure adherence to ALIGHT Pharmaceutical Management SOP and are in line with current national protocols;
- Review and certify monthly pharmacy reports (consumption reports, monthly reports and requisitions) from all sites and submit them to Logistics & Operations Coordinator;
- Review and certify drug purchase requests or supply requests from the field sites and ensure that pharmaceutical supply chain protocols are being followed;
- Provide guidance in procurement, including quantification based on consumption patterns and seasonal disease trends, establishing re-order thresholds, and ensuring no stock-outs of essential products;
- Provide pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of medical and procurement team;
- Ensure safe waste management of drugs and medical supplies;
- To ensure medical equipment maintenance well-coordinated and their inventory regularly updated;
- The individual will be required to perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor or in his/her absence, his /her designate, ALIGHT Senior Managers and Country Director.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWELDGE REQUIRED;
- Minimum of 3 Years’ Experience in pharmaceutical regulations and standardizations at large scale (district level, national level or international level).
- Experience in managing the complex supply chain system from large-scale storage facility to the end user;
- Experience in managing humanitarian logistics and/ or complex emergencies of health care;
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited University in Pharmacy;
- Active professional license provided by the National pharmacy Council in Rwanda;
- Continuous education and specialized trainings in supply chain management;
- Skills and knowledge in the design and use of Management Information Systems (IMS);
- Demonstrated advanced communications, presentation and inter-personal skills, including fluency in written and spoken English;
- Must demonstrate proficient ability to encourage professional working relationships using very good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must demonstrate the ability to read and analyze Government and MOH regulations, professional journals and technical procedures on behalf of ALIGHT Rwanda when appropriate
- Requires stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions
- May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the working day.
- Strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 15 kilograms
🌐 How to Apply
Mode of Application and any other relevant application information
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 1page Cover letter, and updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) – via email only to: RWJobs@wearealight.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is May 30th 2022 at 16:00hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Job / Career Promotion and Placements , Hiring related Services, Staff trainings , Business Advertisements, Bulk SMS Service for Employers, Recruiters & Businesses , other various Business Consults Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner in finding Dreamed Job to achieve your career success by simply helping you in the following Career Services : RESUME & CV SERVICES , Cover Letters, Job Search, Online Job Application Assistances, Soft Skills Trainings and Career wise Advisory : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 Get all career Opportunities across Job market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
1,180 All the time, 2 To day