Product Manager at Youth Development Labs (YLabs) (Deadline: 19th May,2022)
Youth Development Labs
Youth Development Labs (YLabs) (www.ylabsglobal.org) designs innovative solutions that address the complex and nuanced challenges young people face today. We work with governments and local partner organizations to create, scale, and evaluate solutions designed with and for young people. Our team brings a unique mix of human-centered design, adolescent medicine, implementation science, and impact evaluation to all our projects. Founded in 2014, our organization has worked in fifteen countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and, Central America on sexual and reproductive health, mental health, HIV/AIDS, and youth employment. We have offices in Berkeley, California, and Kigali, Rwanda.
Jobs Description Details
Product Manager (Contractor)
YLabs is a leading global design and research organization working to improve health and economic opportunity for young people 10–24 years old. Founded in 2014 at the Harvard Innovation Lab, YLabs partners with young people in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and Central America to design, test, and advocate for youth-driven solutions that address key challenges to young people’s health and economic opportunity worldwide. YLabs’ focus areas are sexual/reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, mental health, and economic inclusion. Find out more about our projects here: https://www.ylabsglobal.org/work
Our team of physicians, designers, economists, developers, public health professionals, and educators bring a unique mix of human-centered design, adolescent health, economic and health outcome evaluation, behavioral science, and implementation know-how to the global problems facing youth.
We have offices in the US and Rwanda. YLabs is committed to building teams and policies that promote equity, justice, and belonging at work. We strongly encourage people from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, and physical abilities to apply. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, familial status, marital status, caregiver status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Product Managers play a key role in bringing products to a consumer market. They coordinate the creation, design, implementation, and launch of products.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and marketing of CyberRwanda, including managing the product and service workstreams of each product lifecycle. They will gather and prioritize requirements, and plan and scope tasks to ensure delivery and launch, based on informed, data-driven, strategic decisions.
This is a full-time, 12-month contractor role, which requires the candidate to be located in either of the following timezones: WAT, CAT, or EAT. Preference will be given to candidates who are based in Rwanda.
ABOUT YLABS’ COMPENSATION
YLabs adheres to Project Fair’s principles and standards to establish equity in pay with the overriding principle of “equal pay for work of equal value” outlined in the Sustainable Development Goals. All salary ranges are based on level within the organization and are competitive to regional and national salary benchmarks, based on the respective office location.
The pay range for this position is RWF17,437,625 – RWF22,312,500 gross per year, commensurate with experience.
Strategy & Metrics
- Define product vision in collaboration with Design and create buy-in internally and externally to ensure alignment and focus.
- Formulate product ideas and features and inform decision making through an analytical and metric-driven lens.
- Synthesize quantitative data from tools such Google Analytics and Heat Maps to provide recommendations for product improvements.
- Own the product roadmap and aggregate product ideas into a cohesive and high impact product requirements and technical specs, with a focus on success metrics (KPIs, OKRs).
Work Planning & Roadmapping
- Manage product roadmap and backlog.
- Maintain and update processes to ensure documentation, reports, and plans are relevant, accurate, and iterative.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, user stories, and product specifications.
- Research and formulate a plan and framework for implementation, preparing necessary deliverables such as strategy documents and roadmaps.
Organization & Communication
- Facilitate meetings, standups, and workshops with the internal team, and key partners and stakeholders to ensure features are delivered on time and on budget.
- Scope, plan, and delegate tasks to team members, keeping in mind level of effort and prioritization.
- Collaborate closely with the team, especially design and development to test and launch new features at a steady and suitable cadence.
- Effectively track and communicate project status, metrics, and next steps, ensuring that the team is aligned on strategic objectives.
- Highly organized, efficient, and structured.
- An active listener, passionate about meeting user needs.
- An excellent communicator, both with internal team members and partners.
- Able to look at the bigger picture by thinking outside the box.
- Proactive about forecasting and measuring product performance.
- Great at time management and juggling multiple tasks.
- Extensive experience of the full software development cycle.
- Experience working on native applications as well as web applications.
- Ability to go from scoping requirements all the way to actual launch.
- Data-driven and analytical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail and ability to keep a team on deadline.
- Knowledge or experience of product marketing
- Experience with Human-Centred Design
- Knowledge or experience conducting market research
How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
This is a 12 months contractor role and it is based in Kigali, Rwanda. To apply, send a resume, cover letter and link to your portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line: Product Manager – Rwanda. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This posting will be open from 19th April to 19th May 2022. Once the application period closes, all applications will be reviewed by our Hiring Committee. YLabs recognizes the effort that goes into submitting an application; all candidates will be notified of their application status once the hiring process begins.
All YLabs offers of employment are conditional on satisfactory background check and criminal record clearances.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 19th/ May/ 2022
Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda KANDA HANO
Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
UBU Biroroshyeeeeeeeeeeeee , Witindaa, Saba Service ushaka kuri WIDECareers Group Ltd byihuse unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
Interview Tips | Permanent TOP Ten (10) Interview Questions and how you can answer them , Click the Link to read more : https://widecareers.com/permanent-top-ten-10-interview-questions-and-how-you-can-answer-them/
303 All the time, 1 To day