🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Women for Women Rwanda (WfWR) is a Local Non-profit Organization committed to improving lives of socially excluded and marginalized women in conflict and post-conflict settings.
Women for Women Rwanda is recruiting for the position of Program Manager. This position is open to All Interested Candidates/All Sources and available to start immediately. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of program management tasks and work conscientiously under pressure. The Program Manager This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail, a good communicator a PM. A bridge between the ED and the program staff, Flexible to changes with technical and managerial responsibilities with high discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
The successful candidate oversees the coordination of all program-related departments of the organization and will be responsible for the quality and implementation of all programs. S/ he will lead, supervise, and coordinate the heads of fundraising and communication, social empowerment, economic empowerment, Planning, M&E departments, and all other positions related to specific projects. The successful candidate for this challenging, demanding, and high-profile role should be highly motivated, independent-minded, and a qualified manager.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Job Closing Date
20th July 2021
Number of Job Positions
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
1.Program strategic planning and development
- Leads the programmatic management of all Women for Women Rwanda projects.
- Leads the design and development of program strategies and plans with the program team and ensures their alignment with Women for Women Rwanda strategies.
- Tracking of the challenges faced by the program and takes actions to mitigate risks and develop opportunities by turning any challenge into an opportunity and develop initiative and/or project around this challenge.
- Ensures the program team stays abreast of the current program goals and objectives and participates in the program expansion plans.
- Ensures the program teams are implementing program activities in line with donor requirements to achieve project outcomes.
- Coordinates the preparation of timely and cost-effective operational plans, budgets, and strategic plans with the program team.
- Supports the Executive Director in developing project proposals for new projects that aligned with the organization’s strategic targets
- Maintains the existing reporting processes and supports the development of new tools of monitoring and evaluation (ME) and reporting system of Women for Women Rwanda.
- Ensure all required data is systematically recorded and communicated to relevant audiences and for the use of program/project development.
- Supports the Monitoring and Evaluation team in the development and implementation of monitoring, review, assessment, and evaluation plans for improved program development and delivery.
- Ensures adherence to Women for Women Rwanda program standards in program design and implementation.
- Oversees submission of proper accountabilities of program funds and quality narrative reports in line with donor requirements.
- Facilitates conversations around program quality, program accountability, partnerships, gender, and child protection and ensures that staffs have the right capacity to maintain program quality.
- Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to the Executive Director and stakeholders ensuring that program lessons are being used to promote improved program delivery.
- Conducts regular monitoring visits to project locations.
2. Policy and Advocacy including Safeguarding, Gender
- Engagement of networks and coalitions on women’s socio-economic development, GBV prevention, and financial inclusion.
- Ensures the organization’s participation in technical committees and sector working groups with the view to influencing the adoption of Women for Women approaches on Women Socio-Economic Development
- Supports in periodic updating of Women from Women Rwanda strategy document.
- Ensures inclusion of relevant provisions of partners agreement/MoUs and Gender Policies.
- Actively participates in policy formulation processes.
3. Program financial management
- Coordinates with the Admin, Finance, and HR Manager to provide financial training for non-financial staff in effective country program financial management, including procurement, project implementation, compliances, and project financial report
- Supports the budget planning processes to ensure that program funds are expended according to procedures and plans.
- Collaborates with the program team and develops new initiatives to be integrated into the budget.
4 .Team management, compliance, and capacity building
- Communicates the organization’s vision, mission, and core values to the program team lead and direct them toward achieving the program goals and objectives.
- Ensures that the program team has a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities; supported by clear job descriptions to ensure quality performance.
- Conducts program staffing needs assessment, presents recommendations to the ED, and participates in the recruitment of the program team.
- Facilitates the capacity building of the program team to ensure they have the appropriate skill levels for their positions and are developing to their full capacity; provides the necessary feedback to the program team and completes their performance appraisals.
- Provides direct support to the program team in the form of systems and tools.
Implement policies and procedures that guide and support Women for Women Rwanda activities, ensure compliance with Women for Women Rwanda code of conduct, gender, and child protection policies.
- Develops and strengthens the program team’s understanding of project cycle management.
5. Support the fundraising team, representation, and collaboration
- Support the Fundraising Head of Department to facilitate linkages, collaboration, and networking with other civil society organizations and government and other relevant institutions to enhance Women for Women Rwanda visibility and program activities.
- Maintains positive relationships with governments and other relevant stakeholders including donors, regarding Women for Women Rwanda activities.
- Support the Fundraising team to develop and maintain new partnerships with NGOs, donors, and other stakeholders
- Ensures ownership of Supports the coordination of local partners and stakeholders for specific projects
- Meets with partners’ staff and community leaders to discuss program Improvement as needed.
- Joins the Executive Director in meetings and represents him/her when required.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- Masters Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Gender Studies, Project Management or related discipline
- Preferably 5 years experience managing programs with big or medium-size teams preferably women programs.
- Proven experience in Strategy planning, project planning, project management skills, strong experience in M&E is highly desired.
- Budgetary control and financial management, including the ability to read and understand financial data
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task constantly.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors, and community leaders.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Creative and flexible with problem-solving skills.
- People management skills particularly coaching and influence management.
- Strong MS Office and program management tools and procedures
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by completing very carefully the following Application Form
Application Deadline Provided
20th July 2021
A C R COMPANY Ltd
Career Information Service Providers
Tel: (+250) 785 0368 16 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.accountigclassrwanda.com | TIN : 113361092 .
Follow all our latest News Updates on : Twitter : ACR News | Rwanda , LinkedIn : ACR News |Rwanda , Facebook : ACR Company Ltd , YouTube : Accounting Class Rwanda
46 All the time, 1 To day