Program Officer at Educate! ( Deadline: July, 11th 2022)
📋 Job Description Details
Educate! is currently seeking two outstanding Program Officers with experience in education.
The Program Officers will be responsible for supporting the programs department’s planning, reporting, partnership and communication. They will also support all programs through direct coordination with the program manager and serve as trainers during training of trainers, orientation of new master trainers and YLs, and any other situations that may arise.
The Program Officers will work closely with the programs and M&E teams to ensure the Exchange Program is executed efficiently and effectively. This role requires a flexible ‘’adaptability to change’’ attitude. They will also collaborate closely with the Finance Specialist to ensure the cash advance and accountability of youth leaders is done on time.
The right people for this opportunity are passionate about our mission and excel in managing people to achieve program goals. They should have experience in teaching or training and be driven to contribute to the education sector. The Program Officers will report to the Program Manager and will directly supervise Youth Leaders.
What if there was a way to measurably change the trajectory of the lives of youth across Africa? Since its launch in 2009, Educate! has worked to do just this, delivering outsized impacts at scale and at disproportionately low cost, towards the aim of addressing youth unemployment. As a disruptive, nonprofit social enterprise, our team leverages an obsession with evidence and entrepreneurial drive to tackle one of our planet’s greatest challenges — unlocking the potential of its youngest continent.
Educate! Prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy. We’ve created a 100-hour experience that delivers the most essential skills youth need to transition to work, combining training, mentorship, and practical experience starting a business. We deliver this experience to youth in 3 ways: directly to schools, integrated into education systems, and through bootcamps for out-of-school youth.
All three delivery channels have been validated by several independent evaluations, and to date, more than 200,000 youth have been meaningfully impacted by this model across Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya. Along the way, Educate! has become the largest youth skills provider in East Africa.
Educate! is a team of over 160 largely African staff and 300 volunteer youth mentors. We prioritize building an engaging, fulfilling, and growth-oriented work environment. 50% of our top 30 leaders have been with us for over 5 years, 10+ alumni have started other organizations and 5 current or former team members were Acumen Fund East Africa fellows.
We have been backed by top foundations such as Imaginable Futures, Big Bang Philanthropy, and Echidna Giving. Educate! won a 2018 Klaus J. Jacobs Prize and a 2015 WISE Award, and has been highlighted by Bill Gates, in the World Bank’s S4YE’s Impact Portfolio, an Al Jazeera documentary, BBC, and The Brookings Institution as one of 14 case studies in their global scaling education learning initiative. Educate! was also selected by the UN’s Generation Unlimited as 1 of 20 innovative youth solutions and by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation as a Goalkeepers Accelerator.
Educate!’s long-term vision is to design solutions that measurably impact millions of youth across Africa each year. Our plan is to grow our reach 3x over the next 3 years.
Team performance management (30%)
- Manage the team of Youth Leaders as they implement Exchange programs over all schools in the assigned units/districts
- Use formative performance evaluation tools to coach Youth Leaders
- Understand the needs of the programs team and ensure they are supported accordingly.
- Use available or create necessary program tools that allow an easy tracking of program activities.
- Collect and submit information for monthly programs. This is to be submitted before/on the 05th of the following month
- Set and communicate individual termly goals
- Lead 1:1 meetings with Youth Leaders.
District management (30%)
- Maintain relationship with district leaders especially in education unity
- Prepare and submit termly plans/ reports to DDE/DEO
- Prepare and submit annual plans and reports in assigned districts and report it to JADF office for new registration
- Attend district teacher training
- Attend district/JADF meetings
- Send E! SBCs in Open Days
Data quality and monitoring (30%)
- Collect, compile and report data from Educate! activities such as teachers training and other Educate events in assigned districts.
- Ensure schools in assigned units/districts are visited once a year and given feedback on how to improve program implementation.
- Plan and execute 1 particular visit to red schools per year
School Based In Service Training (10%)
- Oversee the Organization of network level School Based In Service training
- Report to PM all School Based Inservice Training meetings that happened in a term
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 1 year professional experience (2-3 years preferred).
- Familiarity with and experience in the education sector in Rwanda
- At least 1 year of training or teaching experience
- Excellent manager, motivator and coach
- Willing to contribute effectively as a member of a team and be persuasive in sharing and promoting the work of Educate! To youths, students, teachers, administrators, Sector Education Officers, and District Education Officers
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda, with strong writing skills in both
- Rwandan nationals only
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What Educate! About? Below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- The ideal person should be willing to live and operate within the assigned district in any part of the country.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Benefits & perks include a generous vacation policy and health insurance.
Why You Will Brag About Working At Educate!
- We’ve got the impact.
- Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
- We believe in local leadership — 96% of our staff is African.
- Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting many thousands more students than we can reach directly.
- Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
- We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
🌐 How to Apply
Intrigued? Please visit here to apply. You will be asked to upload a resume, and to respond to some questions.
Application deadline is July 11th 2022.
What Is Educate! About?
We’re ambitious. Are you? Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
- We Put Youth First – The youth we serve come first. Always. In everything. That means we wake up thinking of ways we can serve youth even better and get the highest impact out of every dollar that we spend. It means Educate! doesn’t own a single vehicle, because we’d rather take the bus if it means one more student can participate. It means making every decision like the future depends on it — because if we get our way, it does.
- We Are Always Learning – When you work at Educate!, educating yourself is part of your job too. We encourage every employee to find the best book on management; share the latest article on graphic design; bring in your favorite college mentor; or meet the researcher pushing the edge of the field. We are always thirsty for knowledge and love to share.
- We Only Solve a Problem Once – We are allergic to band-aids so we love the person who brings the new system to solve the problem for good, even problems we haven’t recognized yet.
- We Are Flexible – We thrive on change — we’re driving it. We are growing every day, so we have to adapt quickly to meet new challenges, and our team keeps up.
- We Exceed Expectations – We assume we can achieve the impossible because we already have, year after year. We want our staff to create your own challenges, ask the toughest questions, and dream scary big!
Every person at Educate! — from interns to the executive director — is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.
Educate is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In creating this environment, we encourage people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Jobs /Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Hiring & HR Managements related Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner in finding Dreamed Job to achieve your career success by simply helping you in the following CAREER & JOB SEARCH SERVICES : CV, Resume and Cover Letter SERVICES , Job Search, Online Job Application Assistances, Soft Skills & Career Advisory Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 READ all career Opportunities across world wide Job Market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
1,079 All the time, 1 To day