PROGRAM RESEARCH ADVISOR at FXB Rwanda(Deadline: September 23rd, 2022 5:00 PM)
POSITION: PROGRAM RESEARCH ADVISOR
FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda in partnership with Boston College of the United States is implementing a research program on children and adversity in Rwanda. FXB Rwanda is a leading implementing partner of a research initiative, Strong Families locally known as “Sugira Muryango.” Which focuses on home visiting to promote early childhood development (ECD) for families living in extreme poverty in Rwanda. This year, FXB Rwanda in partnership with Boston College School of Social work received funds from multiple donors to scale up the Sugira Muryango interventions in Rubavu, Nyanza & Ngoma Districts. By joining a dynamic team of FXB staff, we hope that the position will offer unique career development opportunities for the successful candidate.
FXB Rwanda is recruiting one competent and dynamic Rwandan national to fill the position of Program Research Advisor.
Position title: Program Research Advisor
Reports to: FXB Rwanda Sugira Muryango Program Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Job location: FXB Coordination office with frequent travel in the districts of intervention
Period: 1-year renewable based on performance and availability of funds (including three months of probation period.
- JOB PURPOSE
Sugira Muryango is a Family Strengthening Intervention (FSI) research initiative designed for families living in extreme poverty. It is a preventative, family-based model that uses home visiting and active coaching to encourage positive parent-child interactions, while discouraging violence against children. This intervention will be examined via a randomized control trial to test the impact on children’s overall ECD when the intervention is delivered by the government social protection volunteer workforce, Inshuti z’ Umuryango (IZU).
Under the direct supervision of the FXB Rwanda Program Manager, The Program Research Advisor will be responsible to provide technical support and coordination of all research program interventions across the three districts and build the capacity of staff in terms of Evidence Based ECD deliverables focusing on Home Visitation approaches promoted by the Sugira Muryango Program. The Research Program Advisor will also work with in-country stakeholders and advisory groups to communicate study findings and build capacity around the use of evidence-based decision making and practices to support ECD initiatives in Rwanda.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide technical guidance, facilitate program related trainings and support quality capacity building to coordination staff, district team leaders, Associate district team leaders and Sector Level Associate trainers for quality improvement.
- Coordinate Program Research related activities and ensure program quality improvement cycles and fidelity monitoring approaches are implemented.
- Working with Program Manager and other program staff during the work plan development, provide supportive supervision to district, and sector staff to ensure quality implementation of the program.
- Support other program staff in the coordination of day-to-day implementation of the program interventions by assessing the research gaps to be addressed.
- Assist the FXB Rwanda program manager in the preparation of Sugira Muryango Program’s monthly, quarterly and annual reports in line with the donor’s reporting timelines.
- Create or update data collection tools for clear, accurate reporting to ensure evidence based documentation process are implemented.
- Liaise with the Both Local team at FXB Rwanda and Boston Team to review routine data reporting on indicators and interpret data as a team.
- Assist staff with data needs for reports, items relevant for periodic and annual reports to comply with special funding needs and FXB and Donor Reporting requirement.
- Provide feedback on questionnaires, surveys, and other data collection instruments through critical analysis
- Build the capacity of staff to use Statistical software analysis mainly STATA and R Studio and survey programing using CTO Survey.
- Ensure all program field team are supported and have sufficient tools and materials to run program interventions within planned scope and timeline
- Provide technical support to district team leaders in the identification, analysis, documentation and dissemination of lesson learnt, best practices and success stories from the program.
- Lead the translation of interviews and other data collected by cell mentors and IZU’s and provide technical guidance to other program staff on how to transcribe interviews from Kinyarwanda to English.
- Provide technical programmatic leadership in program design and implementation
- Conduct site visits, review and consolidate narrative field visit reports prepared by district team leader staff during their field visits
- Supervise program monitoring & evaluation related activities to make sure that all activities are in line with professional ethics and standards.
- Analyze interventions’ results, and trends for sharing with Staff and other stakeholders to enhance knowledge sharing.
- Support district staff in training identification and tracking of Risk of Harm cases and referrals
- Support Program Manager in identifying staff capacity gaps and develop strategies to strengthen their capacities in order to improve the quality implementation of Sugira Muryango program.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by her/his supervisor
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENT KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (preferred Statistics and data Science or related fields)
- At least 4 years of experience in working with OVC or ECD Research field including experience in assessing ECD development outcomes,
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in both Kinyarwanda and English
- Ethical sensitivity and strong judgement in working with vulnerable households
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email (Gmail preferred); Google Drive, and cloud-based storage systems
- Excellent Data analysis skills using SPSS, STATA or R studio.
- Proficient in Redcap or Survey CTO data gathering platforms
- Proficient in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods analysis
- Must have experience managing large field teams during the field surveys
- Must be proficient translating and interpreting from Kinyarwanda to English and vise-versa, both written documents and oral communication
- Willing to work with a diverse group of team members and under minimum supervision;
- Self-directed, organized, reliable and hard-working
- Respect for and comfort working with vulnerable populations
- Experience in extensive community data collection (fieldwork), analysis and data interpretation.
- Experience in electronic and paper-based data collection in accordance with best practice
- Experience in team management and supervisory skills
- OTHERS SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Practical experience in Capacity building for staff and
- Practical ECD home visiting approach would be an advantage
- Proven experience in working with partners, especially government at local, district and national level
- Ability to professionally represent FXB Rwanda to government and NGO partners within district
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal, multi-cultural and training/mentoring skills.
Female applicants with required skills are encouraged to apply to this vacant position.
Interested candidates with required skills and competences are requested to submit their applications (only soft copies will be accepted) addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director. The application includes motivation letter and updated CVs must be submitted to FXB Rwanda via the following address: email@example.com not later than September 23rd, 2022 5:00 PM. All application documents should be compiled in one PDF document and sent to the above-mentioned address.
Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Any applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Due to big number of expected applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams.
APPLY NOW :
Other Related Posts to READ:
- All Job Opportunities 2022
- All Internships Opportunities 2022
- All Tenders Opportunities 2022
- All Educational Opportunities 2022
NOTICE! : For More Employment Opportunities daily News & Bulletins , Follow our Tweeter | WhatsApp Groups | Facebook Page | Instagram | Join Facebook Group | LinkedIn Page | Useful Job Exam Questionnaires .
1,196 All the time, 1 To day