🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PROJECT COORDINATOR AT PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at advancement of women status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic political, and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of a sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights.
To achieve her mission promoting the socio-economic status of women, funded byh Trade Mark East Africa will implement “Building Capacity Of Cross Border Traders On Rusizi II Border” project. The projects aim at strengthening Capacity of cross-border traders at Rusizi II to increase their income, improve trade environment and support them to trade formally. With reference to the above, PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a position for a Project Coordinator.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
2. Tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of Program Manager, the Project Coordinator will undertake the following specific tasks;
2.1. Coordinating and Facilitating the Project Planning Process
To develop plans and strategies that will contribute to sustainable improvements in the wellbeing of Project beneficiaries: Including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that detailed weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and budgets are developed in order to deliver against all aspects of the project
- Overseeing the fund request process, ensuring that the relevant documents are prepared and roles and responsibilities of PFTH are clarified
- Ensuring the overall coordination of the project staff & project activities
- Planning and forecasting grant expenditure, project activities, procurement, and staffing to ensure compliance with the project contract and budget and to prevent overspending or under spending
- Conduct regular monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on project progress to PFTH, Trade Mark East Africa, and to other project stakeholders.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in relation to the project activities and other reports as reasonably requested by her/ his supervisor
2.2. Coordinate Project implementation
- Ensuring that all project components are implemented according to the project plans, in order to meet all goals and objectives; taking assertive corrective action in the case of missed deliverables
- Ensuring monitoring is conducted in order to measure progress against the baseline survey, needs assessment, and analyze the success of interventions to date and all surveys planned in the project are conducted
- Ensure that the project field officer carry out the activities planned and if any delay, a catch plan is established and any constraint is timely communicated to her/his supervisor
- Ensure budget is utilized against the plan, any change is timely communicated to TMEA for seeking approval after internal consultation and all requests are made on time
2.3. Advocacy and policy influencing
- Understand the context of policy influencing in Rwanda and what the project wants to achieve in particular and Pro-Femmes’ advocacy agenda in general
- Coordinate with colleagues at Pro-Femmes and the team to determine advocacy needs and set forth the plan to be implemented under the project and Pro-Femmes
- Plan and deliver advocacy capacity building to Pro-Femmes team and other CSOs staff including but not limited to policy analysis, writing policy briefs, measuring advocacy impact, etc.
- Lead the process of information gathering, analysis of those information, and develop advocacy messages to be presented to key decision-makers
- Lead the development and implementation of the advocacy strategies, and advocacy campaigns related to the project advocacy agenda and produce related reports
- Participate in mentoring and coaching of Pro-Femmes staff and other CSOs on advocacy and policy influencing
- Lead the design, implementation, and management of advocacy campaigns/interventions related to both the project and Pro-Femmes
- Identify existing local, national, and regional networks and alliances with regional advocacy/coalition organizations and guide them on how to actively engage in national advocacy and policy influencing agenda
- Develop and validate policy briefs, policy proposals, and campaign materials for local, national advocacy
- Identify key moments for advocacy and policy influencing and drive the work related to the development of advocacy messages and policy briefs
- Develop the project advocacy and policy influencing monthly, quarterly, and annual plan in consultation with TMEA team and other CSOs
- Collaborate with key national CSOs and key stakeholders and engage them in the all efforts related to evidence gathered, advocacy implementation results measurement, and the monitoring of the implementation of national, regional, and international policy commitments related to improving cross border trade
- Facilitate local, national spaces for dialogue for women and girls to exchange on the implementation of the above-mentioned commitments and issues that need to be advocated for
3. Quality, Learning & Knowledge Management
To lead reflection on, documentation of, and communication of project experiences and achievements and promote effective monitoring of program activities and a learning environment.
- Contributing towards the development of effective impact measurement, knowledge management, and internal accountability systems for the project
- Coordinating regular data and information collection and analysis for all project activities, according to the agreed systems with TMEAl
- Organizing regular information gathering and sharing opportunities
- Conduct field visits by others
- Ensuring that any ‘success stories’ suitable for publicity purposes are properly recorded
- Ensuring that lessons learned are documented and disseminated Represent PFTH in TMEA meetings and other relevant meetings related to the project;
- Collaborate with a project team at TMEA and provide updates to PFTH’s management team;
- Collaborate with key partners including CSOs on the field and at a national level that are relevant to the project implementation
- Design project proposals for submission to potential donors;
- Perform other tasks as shall be advised by the supervisors at PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
4. DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR COORDINATOR
The candidate should fulfill the following competencies and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Economics, Business Administration, Management, Social sciences or any other related field;
- Holders of master’s degree in relevant field are preferable for the prospective candidate;
- At least Five (5) years progressive experience in managing projects related to trade, gender and GBV, economic behavioral change, and empowerment.
- Strong understanding of the East African Community and regional Integration in broad ;
- Strong experience and knowledge of civil society in Rwanda;
- Experience and knowledge of national and regional issues relevant to trade;
- Experience in Networking, building coalitions, lobbying, and advocacy especially for gender related issues;
- Understanding the role of psycho-social status in business management ;
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French is an added advantage;
- Computer literate (high proficiency in word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Excellent communicator orally and in writing;
- Innovative, self –driven, and team player;
- Interpersonal skills with experience of working in multicultural contexts.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST AND APPLICATION
Interested candidates should address their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, and other certificates to the Chairperson of PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE and delivered in hard copy to PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE’s office by 4:00 pm 30th September, 2021
PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE head office is located next to Gahanga Sector Offices, Kicukiro district, City of Kigali.
N.B: ONLY FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY; and Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test.
KIGALI, 17th September 2021.
Emma Marie Bugingo
32 All the time, 1 To day