Project Manager Energy at SNV Rwanda (Deadline: 18th May,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization
Few Information About Us
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical knowledge to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy, and Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH) to local contexts. SNV has over 1,300 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its current Strategic Plan (2019–2022), SNV is explicitly aiming for structural change and scale in its programmes in the agriculture, energy, and WASH sectors, as well as bringing knowledge and initiatives from different programmes together at the country level to contribute to systems change. We position ourselves as a learning organisation striving for excellence and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
Within the energy sector, SNV is a facilitator of commercially viable markets for renewable energy products and services for households and SMEs. SNV provides advisory services to private, public and non-governmental organizations for improved access to energy for underserved populations within rural, peri-urban as well as urban areas.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title: Project Manager Energy
Number of Job Positions: 1
Job Positing Date: 04th May,2022
Job Closing Date: 18th May,2022
Job Location: Kigali
Job Payment Terms and Contract: Full Time, International Employment Contract
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
The SNV Project Manager has responsibility for overall management of SNV’s component of the project, which includes:
- Strategic Leadership: develop the Energy sector strategy of SNV Rwanda aligned to corporate frameworks.
- Project Management: deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting.
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for innovative Energy programmes.
- External profiling: Present and represent SNV Rwanda energy sector at workshops, network events and prepare (social) media publications.
- People management: lead and coach the team of SNV advisors and consultants, monitor and coach staff to increase performance and support the development of local capacity builders.
- Advisory services: lead the implementation of complex assignments according to agreements with donors; set benchmarks for results and monitor quality of advisory services of the Energy Sector team.
- Communication, representation, and positioning: guide knowledge development and develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve SNV’s market position; actively participate in external and internal networks.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of project, in line with SNV’s internal frameworks and donor as well as the government requirements.
- Sector Leadership: align the project and its implementation while working together with SNV Global Office Energy Sector team, for sector steering, knowledge management and project backstopping.
- Member of the Country Management Team.
- Execute overall components of the project assigned to SNV for implementation.
- Lead and steer SNV’s programme/project implementation team, consisting of two (2) full-time technical experts and others, including local capacity builders/consultants.
- Build, strengthen and manage relations with key partners, sub-grantees, sub-contractors, and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure proper control and management of financial resources of the project.
- Monitor performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans.
- Account and report to SNV, the donor, the government and other partners on project performance, as required.
- Guide knowledge development, documentation, communication, and branding in close collaboration with the donor and partners.
- Present results and represent the project in relevant national, regional and international forums.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, MBA or other advanced degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted, donor-funded development projects/programmes.
- Solid background and understanding of decentralised renewable energy (DRE) solutions and improved cookstoves (ICS) market development.
- Excellent understanding of issues surrounding the DRE and ICS sector in East Africa. Specific experience in Rwanda preferred, including private sector realities and Rwandan government regulations/requirements.
- Able to strategically lead, inspire and energize the project/programme teams.
- Experience in collaborative and adaptive monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Demonstrated experience in managing various programme/project partners.
- Excellent social and networking skills, able to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments, at all levels.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with strong organisational skills, serious in individual accountability.
- Strong strategic decision-making and excellent communication skills (written and oral), as well as reporting and presentation skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel to all programme/project locations, including remote, rural areas.
This is a full-time position with an international contract, based in Kigali. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, including a competitive secondary benefits package.
· Contract Duration: 2 years, with possibility of extension
· Desired Start Date: July 1, 2022
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to grow your skills, in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts, across SNV’s 3 Sectors. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
🌐 How to Apply
Mode of Application and any other relevant application information
To apply for the role, please upload your CV and letter of motivation by 12:00 midday CET on Tuesday 18th of May 2022 on SmartRecruiters. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible, when we have reviewed your application.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB: We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gutambutsa Amatangazo ry’Akazi ndetse n’ayandi yose ajyanye nabyo kuri murandasi muburyo bwiza , bugezweho kandi bwihuse, rikagera kuri benshi barikeneye icyarimwe mu gihe gito ( Job Promotion & Placement Services), saba iyi service nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gukora Job Application mu buryo bwihuse kandi bwizewe (Online Application Assistance & Career Counceling), saba ubufasha nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
204 All the time, 1 To day