Project Officer at The Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA)(Deadline: 31st March,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA)
The Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA) is a forum for policy dialogue on education and it is hosted by the African Development Bank Group in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. Its vision is to create “high-quality African education and training geared towards the promotion of critical skills for accelerated and sustainable development in Africa”. ADEA’s mission, therefore, is to “serve as an open and flexible pan-African organization that informs and facilitates the transformation of education and training to drive Africa’s accelerated and sustainable development.” It acts as a catalyst in promoting innovative policies and practices through the pooling of ideas, experiences, learning, and knowledge. ADEA’s overall goal is to empower African countries to develop education and training systems that respond to their emergent needs and drive Africa’s social and economic transformation sustainably.
ADEA’s main organs are its Steering Committee (SC), Executive Committee (EC), the Secretariat, nine (9) Inter-Country Quality Nodes (ICQNs), and one (1) Task Force on Education Management and Policy Support (TFEMPS).
The general objective of the ADEA ICQNs is to act as catalysts for innovative policies and practices in education and training. The Government of Rwanda through the Ministry of Education has expressed interest and commitment to champion and lead the ICQN on Teaching and Learning (ICQN-TL).
The ICQN on Teaching and Learning (ICQN-TL) is an intergovernmental forum for policy dialogue and collaborative action among African Ministers of Education and strategic partners for advancing quality teaching and learning in their respective countries and Africa as a whole. The collaborative approach and networking will support the exchange of knowledge on concepts, research findings, and capacity building to respond to the varying contexts in which teaching and learning programs are implemented.
To achieve its objective under the new Strategic Plan, ADEA will provide additional human capacity support to the ICQN-TL through embedding a dedicated Project Officer (PO).
To this end, ADEA through its ICQN-TL and in collaboration with the Ministry of Education of Rwanda is in the process of recruiting one Project Officer based in Kigali/Rwanda.
The overall mandate of the Project Officer will be to provide day-to-day support to the ICQN-TL coordinator working with the focal points and resource persons for the activity implementation in the ICQN-TL member countries.
The Project Officer will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and will work closely with, and report to, the Senior Project Officer based in Abidjan. He (she) will be supporting the ICQN-TL Coordinator daily, particularly in improving communication and coordination within the ICQN-TL member countries.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Job Positing Date: 21st March,2022
Job Closing Date : 31st March,2022
Number of Job Positions
Job Payment Terms and Contract
The Project Officer will be employed for one year, with a further renewal depending on satisfactory performance and results.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Guide the ICQN-TL through the provision of dedicated activity implementation and communications support;
- Contribute to the improvement of the M&E processes and knowledge dissemination from the respective ICQN;
- Track the day-to-day progress of implementation of specific activities of the ICQN-TL;
- Write quarterly status reports of activity implementation in the member countries of the ICQN-TL, under the guidance of the ICQN Coordinator and submit to the ADEA Secretariat;
- Collaborate with the Secretariat to produce timely, integrated performance reports;
- Obtain newsworthy information regularly from the member countries of the ICQN-TL for review by the Senior Project Officer for publication and dissemination;
- Contribute to the development of the ADEA newsletter and knowledge mobilisation;
- Write at least one blog quarterly to share updates on innovative practices and policies;
- Provide and share content on Teaching and Learning from the member countries of the ICQN TL during regional meetings, workshops, High-Level Policy Dialogue Forums, and Triennale; and ensure to inform country focal points for their participation;
- Support the focal points in undertaking country-level case studies that will contribute to regional forum discussions organized by the ICQN-TL.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, development studies or related discipline and two (2) years full-time professional experience in educational development either in a Ministry of Education, development agency, international NGOs, or multilateral development institution;
- Vast project management experience and, strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under pressure and heavy workload;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating Projects with a contextualized understanding;
- Experience in planning and designing education programs, monitoring their progress, resolving issues, and initiating appropriate corrective actions;
- Experience in elaborating daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports; and performing all other relevant administrative duties;
- Experience in managing and maintaining good communication and good relationships with Education partners;
- Experience in working with different Government Entities (Ministries, Rwanda Government Board, Districts and other local leaders), and Civil Societies organizations;
- Results-driven, self-directed, and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong and proven research and analytical skills; and ability to distill relevant data from a mass of data from different sources and produce reports that are accurate, logical, and intelligible;
- Ability to collaborate with teams across functional units and disciplinary boundaries to achieve results in the best interest of the organization;
- Experience in developing Spotlights (newsletters);
- Systematic and methodical work habits, trustworthiness, independence, and resourcefulness;
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Fluent in English or French and have a good working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Applications (CV and Cover letter) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 March 2022 at midnight GMT. The subject of the e-mail should be “Project Officer (Rwanda)”.
Due to the high volume of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted through formal correspondence via e-mail. Please do not contact ADEA or staff members to enquire about the status of your application.
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 31st/ March/ 2022
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- IF YOU ARE JOB SEEKER , GET UNLIMITTED DIRECT ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SERVICE BY REGISTERING HERE
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISTNCES , ADVERTISEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SERIVICES RIGHT NOW
44 All the time, 1 To day