🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has recently set up a regional structure encompassing the countries of Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda with Uganda as the regional hub. The region is known as the East African Region (EAR). HI is currently recruiting a number of regional positions, including the role of the Regional Economic Inclusion Specialist under the Technical Unit, led by the Technical Unit Manager. This position is a national position, and will be based in any of three countries under the regional structure.
Reporting to the Technical Unit Manager, and in collaboration with HQ technical services, the Regional Economic Inclusion Technical Specialist will participate to the setup of the Technical Unit and will build the economic inclusion network within the three countries of the programme.
In keeping with the regional set-up stage, The Regional Economic Inclusion Technical Specialist will be responsible for building up the Programme’s Economic Inclusion network across the three countries, and lay the foundation of a common strategy and approach in the three countries taking into account each context. The Specialist will strongly focus on the development of Economic Inclusion Projects in the three countries in both humanitarian and development sectors, including on a Nexus approach. This can include poverty alleviation programmes, access to employment and entrepreneurship, skill building and employability initiatives (e.g. TVET) and CVA interventions.
The development of the Economic Inclusion Sector will be done within the EAR StratOp just validated and based on the StaTech which include strong context analysis of the three countries, identification of programmes strengths and weaknesses as well as opportunities and threats. He/she will engage in standardisation of interventions based on common quality framework and processes. It will also enhance knowledge sharing within the programme and use each country lessons learned to improve programme’s Economic Inclusion projects. The programme has currently 2 Economic Inclusion Projects in Uganda: one with a poverty graduation approach, and one on COVID-19 response leveraging CVA modalities to meet basic needs. Regionally the programme has also a Fellowship programme and is developing proposals to strengthen that sector of intervention.
The Regional Specialist will also contribute to the overall growth of the Programme through participation in technical design, proposal development, donor and partner networks, and advocacy.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Regional Economic Inclusion Specialist
Job Starting Date
Starting Date: 01 October 2021
Job Closing Date
20 July 2021
Number of Job Positions
Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda
Job Payment Terms and Contract
3 Year Renewable
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Provides Expertise in his/her sector to the EAR Progamme and the different country missions within:
1.1. Contributes to the regional strategies in line with the global strategies
1.1.1. Provides sectorial technical input to the Strat Ops of the Programmes within his/her scope and in his/her sector, in line with the global StraTech and ensure relevant follow u in line with the global strategies
1.2. Ensures technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards in his/her sectorial scope
1.2.1. Provides adequate technical guidance and support to Project Managers when relevant (adapt standards to PM’s tools, contribute to proposal writing and reporting) in line with strategies, standards and mandatory transversal approaches
1.2.2. Ensures adequate support to multi-sector responses within projects, in line with the other specialists
1.2.3. Ensures a local sectorial watch, best practices to adopt within his/her sectorial scope
1.2.4. Contributes to recruitment and briefing when relevant
1.3. Ensures technical learning from projects
1.3.1. Contribute to projects’ capitalization and ensure technical learning from projects within his/her sectorial scope
1.4. Ensures the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the Programmer under his/her scope
1.4.1. Ensure regular technical quality control of projects and programmes and issue warnings and recommendations
1.4.2. Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations, if applicable, in his/her sectorial scope
1.5. Ensures compliance of the technical proposition with nexus stakes
1.6. Contributes to the development of research and innovation projects in the region when relevant, in his/her sectorial scope
1.6.1. Suggest and steer technical innovation projects
1.6.2. Identify the priorities of Research and Studies and steer R&S
1.7. Contributes to the Technical Divisions professional channel animation
1.7.1. Contribute to the global animation of the professional channels under his sectorial scope coming from the Technical Divisions (community of practice…)
1.7.2. Animate a local talent pool in his sectorial scope (carry out technical interviews of candidates and produce recommendations, identify needs regarding trainings)
2. Participate to the external influence of HI actions in the EAR Progamme
2.1. Contribute to the local external prestige and influence of HI’s expertise in his sectorial scope
2.1.1. Represent the technical expertise of HI throughout the local relevant networks
2.1.2. Contributeto advocacy on specific themes in line with the global advocacy priorities
2.1.3. Contribute to communication messages locally in line with the global communication priorities
3. Participate to the Business development of HI EAR Programme:
3.1. Ensure the development of major opportunities or new projects in the region under his sectorial scope
3.1.1. Contribute so the context analysis in his sectorial scope
3.1.2. Contributes to the design and writing of new projects in the region and when asked in other countries within the Geographic Division
3.1.3. Identify& transform major opportunities in the region under his scope
3.1.4. Contributes to the conception of major projects (multiple countries, one theme) or of new projects in the region.
3.1.5. Identify & develop local partnerships and/or consortium with NGOs, Institutions, Companies on technical priorities or important topics in the region under his sectorial scope
Any other service / task in connection with the programme that may prove necessary.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
- Relevant Master Degree in Humanities, Economics or Disability Inclusion related fields
Job Experience Needed
- At least 5 years of professional experience at similar level of Responsibility.
- At least 5 years of experience in Economic Inclusion related interventions in low to middle income countries
- At least 3 years of experience working as Project implementer
- Proven experience in capacity building and staff development
- Experience in both humanitarian and development context
- Experience with micro-business creation and support as well as with social business
- Experience of CVA
- Precedent experience with HI
- Precedent experience in the Region.
- Experience working with Governmental st
- Experience working with Organisations of Persons with Disabilities
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Knowledge of the explanatory models of disability
- International Human Rights frameworks
- International Development Cooperation and humanitarian assistance frameworks and mechanisms
- High knowledge of technical stakes regarding economic inclusion
- Producing written and oral institutional communication in English
- Adapting communication to the interlocutor according to position, status and cultur
- Negotiating and managing problems and conflicts
- Establishing clear frameworks, rules and limits
- Leading, supporting and motivation a team and its individual
- Planning and coordinating by setting clear, specific and measurable objectives
- Developing, adapting and support implementation of technical resources adapted to context and defined objectives
- Assessing impact and effects of the activities implemented
- Promoting participation and cooperation within sector and in multi-sectorial approaches
- Knowledge of the EAR Programme countries context and stakes
- Knowledge of economic inclusion approaches and programming
- Experience with community-based approaches
- Patience, flexibility and diplomacy abilitie
- Stress resistant in a very challenging environment
Sense of humor
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Communication aptitude, open-mindedness, creativity, pro-activity
- Good problem solving skills and result-oriented mindset
- Ensuring effective use of resources.
- Capacity to build in teams and as constructive part of sectoral and multidisciplinary networks
Other useful information concerning the profile sought: Due to the COVID situation, a resource that is already based in one of the three countries of the regional program would be preferred.
The position requires travelling within the Region and in the field of implementation including in refugee hosting areas. Travels represent 30% of the working time.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Job Application Documents Needed
- Please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional references.) with a cover letter addressed to The HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org
- Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Only Short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
- Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than .20/ July/ 2021
A C R COMPANY Ltd
Career Information Service Providers
Tel: (+250) 785 0368 16 | Email: email@example.com | Website: www.accountigclassrwanda.com | TIN : 113361092 .
Follow all our latest News Updates on : Twitter : Acrdaily , LinkedIn : ACR News |Rwanda , Facebook : ACR Company Ltd , YouTube : Accounting Class Rwanda
60 All the time, 1 To day