Research Assistant at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) (Due Date: 18th May,2022)
🏘️ The Organization
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title : Research Assistant
Number of Job Positions: 1
Job Positing Date: 04th May,2022
Job Closing Date : 18th May,2022
Title: Research Assistant
Report to: Nutrition and Early Childhood Development Coordinator (NECDC)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda; and as required with field trips to Butaro
Job type: Full time
Timeframe: 5 years.
Role Purpose: UGHE is seeking a Research Assistant to contribute to a range of research projects aimed lead evidence generation to help address knowledge gaps in the INECD project’s Theory of Change (ToC) and enhance evidence of what works in Rwanda.
- Work on technical research projects, supporting the design of the instruments and research designs, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, and keeping the Principal Investigator (PI) and Research Coordinator updated and progress.
- To collect data, manage, monitor, clean, and ensure the quality of data obtained
- Serve as the liaison person between the field, the PI, the Research Coordinator, and the UGHE faculty research team.
- Actively participate in organizing and updating the research related meeting
- Actively participate in both the roundtable seminar and the national workshop.
- Actively participate in the drafting of progress reports, the (final) findings report
- Actively contribute to the writing of scientific papers following the analysis of data and validation of findings.
- Participate in teaching research-related topics to UGHE academic programs
- And other research duties and activities, as assigned by the supervisor or Research Coordinator.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Nutrition, or Statistics, degree related to health science, and 1 year of relevant professional experience.
- Have a strong interest in research and community-based health interventions.
- Outgoing and can easily and professionally interact with NGO actors and academic staff.
- Apt in reporting professionally can quickly grasp research concepts, and structure your technical approach to a problem.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are self-motivated and can flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable.
- Have good written and oral communication skills (in English and Kinyarwanda) and can effectively communicate internally and externally.
- Proficient in the analysis of data in SPSS, or similar statistical software.
- Focused on developing your professional skills and thriving in an innovative and collaborative organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with a strong ability to prioritize.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to effectively liaise with university leadership and study participants.
The application should contain:
- An application cover letter
- A current CV which includes a description of current research interests
UGHE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Commitment to Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment:
At UGHE, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including community members – as well as our students, contractors, staff and visitors to our campus are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment and any form of systemic abuse, whilst reducing risk and vulnerabilities. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with UGHE’s policy. UGHE will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of fraud, harassment, sexual harassment and any form of systemic abuse or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
🌐 How to Apply
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to send their applications not later than 18th May 2022.
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gutambutsa Amatangazo ry’Akazi ndetse n’ayandi yose ajyanye nabyo kuri murandasi muburyo bwiza , bugezweho kandi bwihuse, rikagera kuri benshi barikeneye icyarimwe mu gihe gito ( Job Promotion & Placement Services), saba iyi service nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gukora Job Application mu buryo bwihuse kandi bwizewe (Online Application Assistance & Career Counceling), saba ubufasha nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
225 All the time, 2 To day