🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
VSO is the world’s leading development organization that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The Building Learning Foundations Programme (BLF) is funded by the British government through the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development office (FCDO). The programme is focused on improving learning outcomes at P1 to P5 in English and Mathematics including those of children with Special Educational Needs. This is intended to improve the pupils’ learning achievement in higher grades, thereby increasing equitable access to primary and secondary education in Rwanda. The Programme is implemented by a consortium of organizations; Education Development Trust (lead), British Council, and VSO in all 30 Districts of Rwanda.
The BLF is designed to contribute to improved learning outcomes in lower primary education in English and Mathematics by targeting three specific Outcomes, presented as three BLF Foundations, each with clearly identified Outputs.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Job Closing Date
19 Aug 2021
Number of Job Positions
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- The District coordinator’s role will be to execute BLF program activities in an effective, efficient, and accountable manner in the specific assigned districts.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification , Experience and Skills
- Master’s in education or management or education management is essential;
- Bachelors in above fields of studies with 3 years of work experience may be considered;
- Project management experience (3-7 years) in similar education programmes;
- Experience of successfully managing field-based programmes across 2-3 districts;
- Experience of successfully managing multicultural teams of staff and or volunteers;
- Understanding of social inclusion, social accountability and resilience principles;
- Working knowledge of Vision 2020, EPDRS-II and SDGs is an added advantage;
- Excellent relationships, negotiation, networking and coordination skills;
- Excellent communications, convincing writing and presentation skills;
- Experience successfully working independently within multiple teams;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and manage deadlines; and
- Ability to analyses, consult, validate and take well informed decisions.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than 19/ August/ 2021
39 All the time, 1 To day