Research Associate(SAIP) at Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)Rwanda(Deadline: October 12th 2022)
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Research Associate, Rwanda
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Deadline to apply: 5 PM 12h October 2022, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Length of Commitment: 1-year renewable
- Desired start date: ASAP
- Reports to: Research and Policy Manager/Associate Research Manager
Application materials: All applicants must complete and submit their resume and cover letter to the address indicated below.
Innovations for Poverty Action was established in Rwanda in 2013 and has 10 active projects spanning across Education, Agriculture, Finance and Health. With 15 full time staff, a network of part-time field numerators of over 300, IPA Rwanda predominantly implements Randomized Control Trails in collaboration with leading Rwandan and international academics, the Government of Rwanda and other development NGOs to evaluate the impact of new development concepts to help inform future government policy and development projects.
Project and position summary:
IPA seeks a Research Associate for new research projects in agriculture,
- Liaise with Principal Investigators and Research Manager in the design of survey questionnaires
- Work with the data manager to program survey tools using SurveyCTO, high-frequency checks and data flows
- Develop data collection protocols and data quality assurance protocol
- Develop a data collection plan (procurement, logistics and route plan) that ensures adherence to data collection budget
- Manage the project budget, tracking expenses and adhering to the project budget,
- Supervise training of team leaders, auditors and surveyors
- Conduct daily data quality checks
- Ensure implementation of survey spot checks and back-checks
- Compile clean databases
- Assist the PI team in data analysis as requested
- Assisting in managing relationships with donors, partner organizations and researchers
- Produce technical reports for donor and/or other stakeholders (e.g. fieldwork reports)
- Keep the Research Manager and the PI team appraised of all project activities
- Training and managing a survey team that conduct surveys among study unit.
- Writing regular progress reports,
- As assigned by your supervisor, perform other tasks, which are consistent with your level in the organization.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Designated Project Field Managers, and overall oversight of the Field Officers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural or Educational economics, social sciences, public policy, statistics or related fields, Master’s degrees are preferred.
- Experience conducting social science or economic field research. Background in randomized control trials is strongly preferred
- Experience supervising data collection and teams of field workers, designing surveys and implementing programs strongly preferred
- Experience with data management and econometrics. Strong quantitative skills and advanced knowledge of Stata strongly preferred
- Experience with electronic data collection platforms. Knowledge of SurveyCTO a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations. Experience working with government officials, especially in Rwanda is also a plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player
- Ability to work a culturally diverse team and maintain high professional standards
- Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required
How to Apply:
Interested applicants meeting the requirements should fill an online application form and attach their Cover Letter, CV and Degree(s) through the following link: https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/iparwanda_research_associate_saip_job_application_form_01_2022
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 5 PM RWANDA TIME ON October 12th 2022. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS, ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
APPLY NOW :
Other Related Posts to READ:
- All Job Opportunities 2022
- All Internships Opportunities 2022
- All Tenders Opportunities 2022
- All Educational Opportunities 2022
NOTICE! : For More Employment Opportunities daily News & Bulletins , Follow our Tweeter | WhatsApp Groups | Facebook Page | Instagram | Join Facebook Group | LinkedIn Page | Useful Job Exam Questionnaires .
1,040 All the time, 1 To day