🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
📋 Job Description Details
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Product Innovations Department conducts research that helps to estimate the impact of new agricultural products and methods for Rwandan farmers. Products span a range of themes from cereal/legume/root crop agronomy (varietal trials, crop protection, and good agronomic practices) to cropping systems development, soil fertility, and beyond. All projects begin with a careful scoping of available information, potential impact, and identifying the research questions and continue on to trials at our stations or on farmers’ fields across Rwanda.
- Your main goal is to advise the organization on new products and practices that leads to “farmer impact” – the profit increment achieved through OAF interventions.
- Success is defined as producing high-confidence analyses of products in an appropriate timeframe (2-6 seasons) and supporting impactful products all the way to the scaling/implementation stage.
- In recent years, this Product Innovations team has scaled some important products – row intercropping, lime to combat soil acidity, and multiple maize varieties.
- You will sit on a team of 4 research specialists; You will report to the Product Innovations team lead and will manage up to one person.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct rigorous desk research, market/client surveys, and modeling to understand potential areas where we might create impact for clients through new products, services, methods, training, and other behavior change solutions
- Design experimental trials to be conducted at our 3 agricultural research stations and in farmers’ fields
- Take ownership of trial implementation by working with station and field teams and ensuring quality data collection
- Build complex impact models to analyze the economic, environmental, and social impacts of promising products
- Data cleaning, data analysis, reporting, presentation of results, and assisting other teams in the roll-out of products
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Have experience in data analysis or other research activities related to plant/climate/soil science
- Have 1+ years of experience
- Have a completed Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related disciplines (agronomy, agribusiness, or agricultural economics)
- Be a ‘generalist’ who may flexibly take on projects spanning different agricultural themes
- Be a scientific-minded person who has a passion for investigating thoroughly a research problem
- Be able to use Excel or Google Sheets for database creation and data analysis
- Can run simple statistical analyses
- Experiences in any of these topics are considered optional: plant pests and diseases; geospatial analysis
- Have proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
17, December 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- IF YOU ARE JOB SEEKER , GET UNLIMITTED DIRECT ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SERVICE BY REGISTERING HERE
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISTNCES , ADVERTISEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SERIVICES RIGHT NOW
41 All the time, 1 To day