🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In more than five years in Rwanda, We have grown to serve more than 180,000 farm families with 1,500 full-time staff in Rwanda.
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with the One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Rwanda Contract Coordinator
Job Closing Date
16th July 2021
Number of Job Positions
Scope of work
The Global Procurement teams oversee over $10M in spending each year across over 15,000 transactions and manage all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 1M smallholder farmers.
You will support standardized processes and create over 5% of purchasing costs out of the system through contracting and upstream supplier sourcing. You will report to the Procurement Specialist, implement important projects to improve quality and improve cycle time, resulting in internal clients satisfaction.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Tender Management and Purchasing
- To lead procurement needs forecast and ensure requesting departments place monthly requests at the beginning of every month
- To coordinate the vendor pre-qualification tender to increase the number of vendors per item category, prepare tender documents and complete tendering data entry, set up meetings, and manage advertisements
- To coordinate the purchase of stock items from wholesale companies & manufacturers
- To manage purchases for all goods/services under long-term contracts and coordinate order delivery/payment
- Review price changes over the allowable tolerance and advises management on proposed next steps e.g. re-tendering
2. Contract Management
- To manage market search and supplier search campaigns to ensure wide reach and contract effectiveness
- Draft, modify, update, and maintain contracts and associated documentation
- To monitor contract expiry and renewal dates
- To review market trends and advise management of potential contracting risk or significant anticipated price changes under contracts
- To set up a contract change control system to collect, analyze, track, and communicate contract changes both approved and denied to the contract
2. Other Support Functions
- To run data analysis of customer demand and historical data from reports and inventory counts to identify items to be converted into stock and forecast inventory needs
- To make recommendations on preventing stock-outs, ensuring delivery of stock items within 48 hours, and decreasing losses from damaged and stolen inventory
- To organize supplier meeting calendars to minimize supply challenges by meeting with at least 2 top suppliers per month.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of experience and education in procurement/supply chain/logistics would be advantageous
- Well-presented and professional
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with other teams and departments
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Always look for alternative solutions to problems
- Language: English and Kinyarwanda
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Other Relevant Information
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Application Deadline Provided
16th July 2021
GOOD LUCK IN EVERY OPPORTUNITY !!!!!
A C R COMPANY Ltd
Tel: (+250) 785 0368 16 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.accountigclassrwanda.com | TIN : 113361092 .
Follow all our latest News Updates on : Twitter : ACR News | Rwanda , LinkedIn : ACR News |Rwanda , Facebook : ACR Company Ltd , YouTube : Accounting Class Rwanda
89 All the time, 1 To day