🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Three Stones International Rwanda Senior Cluster Officer
Three Stones was established in Rwanda to support and build the capacity of local organizations. Operational since 2012, Three Stones has conducted over 100 assessments, evaluations, and social research assignments, as well as more than 40 strategic and action plans for local and international organizations.
Three Stones leverages our cumulative contextual knowledge and nurtured relationships to deliver comprehensive empirical studies, high-quality data evaluations, and targeted technical assistance across the development sector.
We build productive relationships between sectors to make a positive, sustainable, and lasting impact. The time and attention invested to ensure we understand context, foster collaboration, and incorporate innovation with local solutions and provide the highest quality of development expertise makes us agile and unique.
Three Stones has three core, overlapping domains:
Business Transformation & Capacity Building
Provide and support local and governmental system strengthening to achieve intended results. Ensure that programs are successfully implemented and continue through an ongoing process of strategic and business planning, cost-effectiveness and impact analysis, policy advocacy, staff training, team building, and leadership development.
Provide short or long-term integrated social sector implementation and technical assistance. Areas of expertise include: agriculture; social behavior change (SBC); climate change; early childhood development; education; finance; gender; governance, youth, and livelihoods; migration; technology and Health: Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, HIV/AIDS, Maternal and Child Health, WASH, and nutrition.
Evaluation, Assessment & Research
Provide full life cycle from methodology and tool development to management of data collection and analysis. Expertise in: program analysis; baseline, midterm, end-line studies; end-user monitoring, impact assessment; and social research studies.
Currently, we are searching for 4 qualified Senior Cluster Officers (SCO) to support the development and implementation of a Social Behavior Change Strategy for the recently awarded 5-year USAID Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Activity.
The Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) activity will promote nurturing and responsive care practices, especially in the areas of health, functioning, nutrition, and early childhood development (ECD) for caregivers and children. Specifically, the activity aims to improve health and nutrition outcomes among women of reproductive age and adolescents and improve infant and young child feeding practices. It also aims to address child development gaps and significant unmet physical rehabilitation and assistive technology (rehab/AT) and social inclusion needs for infants and children. The activity will focus on community-level service delivery, community-health facility linkages, and district-level capacity development, as well as address issues of inclusion and participation, including access to programs and services for children and adults with disabilities, in line with Government of Rwanda priorities. The INECD will be implemented in the following districts: Ngoma, Kayonza, Kicukiro, Nyarugenge, Nyabihu, Rwamagana, Nyanza, Burera, Rulindo, and Nyamasheke.
📋 Job Description Details
The Three Stones International Rwanda (TSIR) SCOs will work with consortium partners led by Catholic Relief Services at the cluster office level and participate in regular engagement with their cluster districts to ensure the success of the overall SBC objectives for the INECD activity. SCOs will report directly to the Senior SBC Advisor as well as the respective Cluster Coordinators and oversee all SBC related components associated with this activity at the subcluster level. With extensive experience in program management, training of trainers, supportive supervision, formative research, and community engagement the SCOs will engage with stakeholders in each cluster district as well as provide capacity building and support to relevant implementor staff and government counterparts.
SCOs will ensure the district level targets are being met through regular field visits and conduct training of trainers to enable the implementation of SBC messaging and campaigns in each district. This is a provincial-based posting in one of the cluster offices outside of Kigali namely in Ngoma, Nyabihu, and Nyamasheke with anticipated travel up to 60% of work hours.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Job responsibilities include:
- Actively participate in SBC team meetings and contribute to work planning and program design
- Provide technical support in the development of the SBC strategy, overseeing formative research, and engaging with communities for feedback on SBC activities
- Ensure communication of SBC strategy objectives and activities to the cluster office and implementing partners at the district level
- Take responsibility for district-level networking, engaging with district service providers, ECD focal persons, Joint Action Development Forum (JADF), and other key district coordination mechanisms
- Lead the process of conducting barrier analysis, tech or media-based SBC messaging, and capacity building training on various SBC topics to providers at the community and facility level
- Assess the effectiveness of SBC messaging by volunteers, health and social service providers on nutrition, ECD, and disability inclusions and gender-related topics
- Mentor and coach all relevant actors who deliver SBC messages under INECD in respective catchments through demonstrating effecting techniques and providing consistent and planned supervision in the field
- Document best practices and lessons as part of regular reporting and in the form of success stories
- Monitor implementation of SBC strategy and provide regular reporting on cluster districts progress
- Undertake other relevant SBC related duties in the respective clusters that might be entrusted from time to time
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience, working at the community level on social research and SBC activities
- Minimum B.A. in Public Health, Nutrition, social sciences
- Experience with monitoring and evaluating SBC interventions and engaging with communities to inform SBC strategy
- Demonstrated experience in managing research fieldwork teams and leading trainings and supervising fieldwork
- Experience representing program objectives and work to district level authorities
- Experience in data collection and qualitative analysis
- Experience engaging with local level government authorities and working with local partners and within local structures
- Experience supporting USAID funded project activities through district level and community engagement
- Experience with event/conference planning and coordination and conducting learning events at a district level
- Outstanding work ethic, self-motivated, and ability to set tasks and work independently to achieve goals and targets
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence and adapt to change
- Excellent reporting skills and strong written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda is required
- Skills in program management software and Microsoft suite / Google accounts and online communications platforms
Additional skills (preferred)
- Familiarity with emerging behavior change approaches, including behavioral science, behavioral economics, nudges, gamification, and Human-Centered Design
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Applicants who meet or exceed the outlined qualifications are encouraged to visit our website before applying to determine if Three Stones International Rwanda is a good match: www.threestonesinternational.com. We consider ourselves entrepreneurs and are looking for creative people who are self-motivated, able to work independently as well as with a team, and who are full of ideas and enthusiasm. Please email a cover letter and CV, and contact information of three professional references to email@example.com. Include “Job Application: Senior Cluster Officer” in the subject line. Questions and clarifications about the role are welcome.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications will be accepted until October 29, 2021 at 5 pm Kigali time. Salary offering will be commensurate with experience and placed on the TSIR internal salary scale.
Three Stones is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISTNCES , ADVERTISEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SERIVICES RIGHT NOW
53 All the time, 1 To day