SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER at Save the Children(deadline: 29th July 2022)
|Job TITLE: Senior Finance officer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support services||LOCATION: Emergency response Kirehe Field office|
|GRADE: 4||POST TYPE: Permanent|
Level 1 – the responsibilities of the post do not require you to have one to one contact with children or young people.
· To provide accurate financial information by preparing, recording and reconciling financial transactions data
· To check and control financial process in line with financial policy and procedures
· Make cash and bank payments for program activities and other support services.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
– Prepare bank and cash reconciliations on a monthly basis. – Prepare and make cash and bank payments in line with SCI policies
– Review payment documents to make sure that procurement processes and procedures are complied with before any payment is made.
– As staff of humanitarian emergency field office, the role holder may work outside the normal working hours.
– Assign paid stamp to all payment sheets on a monthly basis
– Managing petty cash on daily basis and conduct petty cash count daily/weekly and monthly
– Ensure cash controls and other internal controls are in place and work effectively.
– Ensure staff, partners, volunteers comply with SCI policies and procedures
– Plays a key role in financial planning, budgeting, reporting, and award management for the field office.
– Supports Kigali office in budgeting and reporting as well as cost allocations to source of funds for times sheets.
– This role will work closely with budget holders, supply chain, and awards management supporting in budgets phasing,
monitoring, analysis and compliance processes. – Support budget holders both for field and Kigali offices with monthly BVA reports and their interpretations
– Ensure all business floats are timely settled and posted into GLACOS/AGRESSO
– Maintain and update the field office payment documents hard copies filing system.
– Ensure all payment vouchers are scanned and methodically filed quarterly in the online shared drive
Within 30 working days after the end of the last month of a quarter.
-Check and verify any returns and reports from partners for accuracy and completeness, and
post these into the system timely.
– When requested by the hierarchy, support in quarterly and monthly stocks inventory.
– Register all approved transactions into GLACOS/AGRESSO on a weekly basis
– Facilitate external audits by providing all required information to the auditors
– Follow up on the implementation of Grants and assist as required
– Support in Capacity building for non-finance staff
– Support the budget holders in Budgeting, Budget monitoring and Budget controls
— Ensure that cash, cash equivalents and financial records are safeguarded and utilized in the intended manner.
-Achieve any other task assigned by the line manager, Field office field Manager, or Country office finance
-The post-holder will identify best practices and lessons learned which may help to improve and enforce
financial and procurement procedures, and compliance to save the Children and Donors requirements.
-The post holder will also be supporting the field office ESMT in minimizing fraud risks, and compliance with CSG
· Producing accurate reports on time
· Effective Management of donor financial requirements and responsibilities
· Maintenance of proper and accurate financial records
· Support to program staff/ budget holder provided when required and in a timely manner
· Effective introduction and maintenance of financial management system
Responsibility for resources:
· Ensure that the cash and cash equivalents and financial records are safeguarded and utilized in the intended manner
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Managing SCI resources efficiently, and achieving Save the Children values
· Assisting other staff to be accountable in full procurement process and all financial transactions.
· Set ambitious and challenging goals for himself and taking responsibility for his career personal development
· Be Future orientated and thinking strategically and on a global scale
· Approachable, good listener, and easy to talk to
· Maintaining effective relationships with colleagues, managers, and external partners
· Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
· Able to encourage new and innovative solutions where required
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and be transparent when achieving his tasks and responsibilities
· Commitment to Save the Children values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in accountancy/finance/management or Equivalent.
• 2-3 years work experience, preferably in an NGO set up
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
PERSONAL BEHAVIOURS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Ownership and accountability of own work
• High level of confidentiality and integrity
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Jobs /Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Recruitments & HR Managements Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 READ all career Opportunities across world wide Job Market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
2,464 All the time, 2 To day