Senior Internal Auditor at FHI 360 (Deadline: 30th April,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
📋 Job Description Details
Senior Internal Auditor
FHI 360 is a global development organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our team of professionals includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment, and research. FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with more than 4000 employees in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities, and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Internal Auditor .
FHI 360 seeks a Senior Internal Auditor to conduct internal financial, operational, and/or system audits and risk assessments. The Senior Internal Auditor performs audit planning tasks, interviews and testing procedures, and documents results per prescribed audit program. Performs data analysis to determine risk levels and contributes to the development of audit plan and scope. Executes internal audits within established business process controls and risk-based approach. Develops formal written reports to communicate audit results and makes recommendations as appropriate. The Senior Internal Auditor contributes to the content development and delivery of compliance training, outreach, newsletter, and other activities to promote a culture of compliance at the organization. May lead non-complex audit engagements and supervises team member(s).
Prospective candidates are expected to have sound knowledge and skills in finance/accounting and/or information system operations, as well as in U.S. Government rules and regulations. Knowledge and experience in international development and crisis response context is preferred. English fluency required; fluency (speaking and writing) in French is highly desirable. This is a locally hired position. Must be legally authorized to work in South Africa, Kenya and Rwanda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the company’s internal audit program.
- Documents processes for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Reports internal audit findings to appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Develops and delivers compliance training and outreach contents, presentation, and materials.
- May conduct investigations of irregularities, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Applies detailed knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, entity/company practices and concepts.
- Fully experienced in using general principles and processes involved in conducting an internal audit.
- Applies advanced analytical skills in MS Excel and other applications to identify potential issues and trends.
- Experienced with automated financial reporting, and Enterprise Resource Planning systems and applications (Deltek CostPoint, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, etc.).
- Initiates and manages relationships with industry representatives, external auditing firms, co-workers and others.
- Organizes reports to comply with applicable guidelines and provides documentation to support conclusions.
- Provides recommendations to management.
- Detailed information technology systems knowledge is used to enhance project reporting and analysis.
- Clearly and concisely communicates (oral and written) audit findings and recommendations to the stakeholders.
- Foreign language skill (French, Spanish, Portuguese) is highly desirable.
- Must be able to read, write and speak proficient English.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Analyzes moderately sophisticated business operations, policies, and procedures. Reviews and determines compliance with laws and regulations; draws conclusions; makes recommendations for improvement.
- Serves as a resource to others in resolving moderately sophisticated problems; identifies substantive issues that are thoroughly and accurately researched and analyzed.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to resolve.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- May supervise peers and junior staff within engagement team.
- May implement departmental work plans and provide input for performance reviews with the assistance of a higher-level manager.
- Reports to Manager, Internal Audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration
- Advance Degree or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) preferred.
- 5 – 8 years of progressively responsible internal audit work, audit experience with a public accounting or audit firm, and/or financial management or compliance in international development industry or context.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Clear and professional communication (verbal and written) required.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.), SharePoint, e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, and other mobile devices.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-10 lbs.
- Ability to travel internationally
Note: FHI360 is committed to Diversity Equality, and inclusion. We are an Equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits. Please visit the FHI 360 Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative action. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 30th/ April/ 2022
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
UBU Biroroshyeeeeeeeeeeeee , Witindaa, Saba Service ushaka kuri WIDECareers Group Ltd byihuse unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
💼 Interview Tips | Permanent TOP Ten (10) Interview Questions and how you can answer them , Click the Link to read more : 👉🏽 https://widecareers.com/permanent-top-ten-10-interview-questions-and-how-you-can-answer-them/
56 All the time, 1 To day