Senior Systems Officer at Concern Worldwide Rwanda (Closing: 12th May,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization
Concern Worldwide Rwanda
We are an international humanitarian organisation that strives for a world free from poverty, fear, and oppression.
We deliver life-saving and life-changing interventions to the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. From rapid emergency response to innovative development programming, we go to the hardest to reach places to make sure that no-one is left behind.
Jobs Description Details
JOB ADVERTISEMENT: SENIOR SYSTEMS OFFICER
Concern Worldwide Rwanda is seeking to recruit a Senior Systems Officer. This position is based in Huye District.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Country Manager, the Senior Systems Officer will be responsible for CW-R support functions comprised of Administration, HR, and Logistics ensuring that standard Concern Worldwide policies, systems, and procedures are in place, understood, and complied with by all Concern Worldwide – Rwanda staff.
A. General Administration
- Manage the day-to-day office activities ensuring the office conforms to recommended health and safety standards including first aid kit, and is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure effective systems for the management of security of Concern premises including office keys ensuring sign in/out of keys as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain the administration filing system including archiving in accordance with CWW policies and standard practices.
- Ensure that internal and external correspondences are properly managed.
- Ensure that all equipment e.g. computer hardware/office equipment, telephones, photocopier are maintained and used correctly.
- Oversee the management of assets and inventory by ensuring it is regularly updated
- Manage and monitor Office supplies’ usage ensuring supplies are adequately & wisely sourced and used.
- Offer appropriate administrative support to the Southern area e.g. attend meetings as appropriate, office energy consumption, water, and garbage collection and disposal, inquiries, visitors.
- Monitor and manage the administration budget including ensuring accurate and regular analysis of consumption and expenditure related to administration.
- Assist during the review of administrative systems and procedures.
B. Logistics/ Procurement
- Oversee the implementation of Logistics policies and procedures for purchasing, delivery, storage, and transport;
- Oversee the application of Concern’s procurement, transport, and store manuals to ensure full compliance with organizational and donor rules and regulations.
- Conduct, coordinate, and Oversee the timely procurements of goods and services as approved by programme management and country procurement plan, and the timely, safe, and cost-effective transportation of the same to field programmes; Review and implement proper stock management system.
- Liaise with Concern Dublin Logistics as required on international orders.
- Work closely with the CM on any reviews and updates of logistics procedures.
C. Human Resources
1. Recruitment and selection
- Ensure that all recruitment processes are open, transparent and fair; meeting Concern Worldwide recruitment policy standards.
- In consultation with Line Managers, ensure that vacancies are budgeted for before job announcements are publicized.
- Prepare job announcements based on approved job descriptions and ensure that they are communicated through appropriate and cost-effective media.
- Ensure that all applications received are registered and shortlisted in accordance with agreed criteria and candidates are invited for interview and written tests.
- In consultation with Line Managers, organize interviews and written test dates and invite shortlisted candidates.
- Work with the recruiting manager to ensure that interviews are conducted in a systematic manner by a panel of interviewers.
- Develop a complete and high standard reference checklist (form) and conduct a thorough reference check on a selected candidate;
- Issue regular recruitment status report to recruiting managers and senior management;
- Prepare offer letters and contracts according to the terms and conditions agreed;
- Suggest innovative and cost-effective recruitment system/procedure that can quickly meet the needs of CWR.
- Manage induction programme for all new staff joining CW-R
- Ensure that the PDR system is understood and applied by all managers and they are timely monitoring the performance of staff they are line managing;
- Line manage ICT Support Officer, Mechanic/ Driver, Driver, Logistics Assistant, Gatekeeper and Cleaner in Huye.
- Ensure that managers complete appropriate documentation regarding handover processes;
- Maintain personnel files for national staff, updating information regularly
2. General tasks
- Represent CWR’s Systems functions;
3. External Relations
- Liaise with relevant Ministries and partners as appropriate on HR issues (as directed by the Country Manager);
4. Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
- Ensure the implementation of Concern commitments as stated in the CHS implementation plan related to support systems;
- Have oversight of internal accountability mechanisms.
5. PEER and Humanitarian Response
- Actively participate in the review of Concern Worldwide – Rwanda Preparedness for Effective Emergency Response (PEER) plan.
- Ensure that Concern Worldwide – Rwanda PEER support systems related actions are undertaken as per the plan
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Law or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in at least two of the Systems areas: Administration, HR, Logistics and Procurement
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience in staff management
- Good facilitation and negotiation skills
- Proven attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A sensitive approach to advising staff
- Flexible and supportive
- Proactive and able to address problems independently
- Highly focused and results-oriented in supporting deadline-driven operations.
- Able to multitask by way of delegating, motivating and monitoring teamwork.
- Approachable, interested in people and has a sense of humour
- Fluency in English, French would be an advantage
- Be a Rwandan
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Good organization, planning, and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours, weekends, and overnight in fields
How to Apply
Mode of Application and any other relevant application information
- Concern offers a competitive compensation and a good benefits package including but not limited to: Medical insurance, 26 weeks paid maternity leave, 24 weeks paid maternity leave to adopting mother under Concern employment; 10 days paid paternity leave following the birth or adoption of a child; one hour for breastfeeding up to the first birthday. Concern pays also a statutory contribution to their employees.
- Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy, and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
- Please complete the Application form available online through job in Rwanda and carefully filling by 12th May 2022 the cover letter should be addressed to the Country Director. Only candidates meeting the above criteria will be shortlisted for a written test. Online applications will not be considered using Concern staff or company email.
CONCERN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 12th/ May/ 2022
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gukora Job Application mu buryo bwihuse kandi bwizewe (Online Application Assistance & Career Counceling), saba ubufasha nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gutambutsa itangazo ry’Akazi kuri murandasi muburyo bwiza , bugezweho kandi bwihuse, rikagera kuri benshi barikeneye icyarimwe mu gihe gito ( Job Placement Services), saba iyi service nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
246 All the time, 1 To day