Social Worker at Partners In Health/Inshuti Mu Buzima (PIH)(Deadline: 31st March,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Partners In Health/Inshuti Mu Buzima (PIH)
Partners In Health is an international non-profit organization founded in 1987 that helps build and sustain public health systems in poor and underserved communities around the world. Inshuti Mu Buzima is PIH’s sister organization which has been operating in Rwanda since 2005.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Social Work Coordinator
The Social Work Coordinator will be responsible to ensure smooth implementation of safety nets for patients, support people from vulnerable families to get medical insurance and children to get school fees through POSER and other grants implemented in the Districts.
S/he is often responsible for helping people who have been diagnosed with chronic, life threatening or altering diseases and disorders, helping connect patients with plans and resources in order to help them cope. One of the most difficult things a person can go through is dealing with acute, chronic, and terminal illnesses and hence the need to provide services to ease these patients’ process. These services include advising family care givers, providing patient education and counseling, making referrals to other services, case management interventions and organizing support groups. S/he will also be accomplishing administrative duties and diligently completing paperwork and project reporting.
Job Positing Date: 22nd March,2022
Job Closing Date : 31st March,2022
Number of Job Positions
Job Payment Terms and Contract
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Receive, assess and listen to clients/patients and identify people who need help or other social assistance
- Assess patient/ clients’ histories, backgrounds, and situations to understand their needs, as well as their strengths and weaknesses, challenges and opportunities.
- Assess clients’ needs, situations, strengths, and social support networks to address identified needs and develop plans to improve their clients’ well-being
- Counsel clients and patients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
- Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
- Organize support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client or patient.
- Collaborate with other professionals and clinical programs leads to evaluate patients’ medical or physical condition and to assess their social conditions and needs.
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources and services to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, health insurance or education.
- Facilitate participatory selection process of program beneficiaries and collect information on livelihood and social status of program beneficiaries;
- Help clients adjust to changes and challenges in their lives, such as illness, loss of parents or family members and other shocks.
- Evaluate services provided to ensure that they are effective, sufficient and adaptive to various patient situations and challenges.
- Provide individual, group, family, and couples therapy
- Develop a treatment plan with the client, doctors, and other healthcare professionals/ providers.
- Encourage clients to discuss their emotions and experiences to develop a better understanding of themselves and their relationships
- Work with clients to develop strategies to change behavior or cope with difficult situations
- Refer clients to other resources or services, such as support groups or other clinical programs or government social protection services/programs
- Evaluate their clients’ progress and, if necessary, adjust the treatment plan
- Promote district projects integrations with grant and support cross site staff to conduct assessment and monitoring of projects/grants;
- In collaboration with the District Operations Manager support in identification of children from Ubudehe Category 1&2 whose families need education support and other social support.
- Support in screening families in Ubudehe Category 1&2 whose families need social support (food package, medical insurance, solidarity funds and shelter),
- Effective documentation of all information related to project success, practices and sharing it to all sites, brochures and Inshuti Mu Buzima(IMB)website and create a Bank of pictures, videos and most significant change stories on the project in the same site;
- Work closely with the District Operations Manager to promote income generation activities from program beneficiaries in ubudehe category 1&2 and support for their graduation;
- Conduct regular project monitoring and provide monthly, quarterly, annual reports for accountability, decision making and impact sharing with donors,
- Perform any other tasks as needs arise that may be assigned by the Supervisor
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
- Bachelor’s degree (A0 level) in social studies: sociology; social works or education
- At least 3 Years’ experience in providing program support and public sector empowerment to mitigate social determinant of poverty and health will be highly desired.
- Good understanding of rural development, health needs and experience in providing creative solutions to related challenges;
- Experience in providing social support, facilitating group therapy and support groups
- Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Office applications).
- Experience in working with community people for social economic empowerment for vulnerable group.
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effectively with people individually and in groups, ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing ambiguous environment;
- Appreciation and understanding of socio-cultural, health and development issues, trends and challenges in Rwanda.
- Ability to live PIH/IMB values: Ubumuntu-Compassion, Ubupfura-Integrity, Ubunyangamugayo-Honesty, Ubwubahane-Mutual respect, Ubumwe-Solidarity, Agaciro-Dignity, Kugira ishyaka-Determination.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this position, please follow the link
https://www.pih.org/pages/employmentand and submit your CV and application letter only in MS word or pdf formats. Submit them as one document
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 31st/ March/ 2022
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- HOWEVER YOU ARE , WE HOPE THAT YOU ARE A KING HERE , GET YOUR DIRECT ONLINE CHOSEN SERVICE AT WIDECAREERS BY REGISTERING HERE
55 All the time, 1 To day