Spark Rwanda is looking for a Regional Finance Manager (Closing: 30th April,2022)
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
Jobs Description Details
Regional Finance Manager
Regional Finance Manager
Kigali, Bujambura or another SPARK relevant location in Sub-Saharan Africa
30 April 2022
1 year with the possibility of extension
Are you an experienced finance professional who wants a leading role in building a world-class finance function in a global NGO? We look for a financial expert who also has a passion for developing other finance processes and staff in an international setting.
SPARK is looking for a Regional Finance Manager (RFM) who leads the finance team in Sub-Saharan and North Africa to ensure proper financial management of Spark’s projects and programs. The RFM plays a key advisory, support role to the the programme team for the timely delivery of SPARK’s programmes and projects in compliance with both internal and external regulations.
We are looking for somebody with a can-do attitude with a passion for continuously improving financial reports, systems, and processes. A pro-active leader who takes initiative and resolves challenges with flair to guide, coach and mentor colleagues within and outside functions.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Timely and accurate financial accounting by the local team in the whole region
- Leading the annual budgeting and budget management during the year
- Facilitating Internal and external financial reporting
- Making sure the region works in compliance with (donor and SPARK) policies and compliance with financial controls in the region
- Leading financial budget of new donor projects
- Ensure proper controls are in place for partner selection, contract and payments
- Take pro-ractive initiatives to facilitating continuous improvement of our financial processes and reports
- Lead and support the finance team in the region and build the capacity within the finance function.
- Ensure project spending is in line with donor agreement
- Compliance with the procurement process is adhered to
- Enhence financial understanding of non-finance staff by taking proactive through trainings, templates, manuals eg.
Requirements and competencies
- 10+ years of experience in finance management, accounting, and reporting managing of nonprofit organizations.
- A degree, preferably a Master’s, in the field of financial management or accounting.
- Proven track record and an appetite to train, develop and manage a team
- Fluency in spoken and written English, French is preferred
- Willingness to international travel 3 to 4 times a year (and an opportunity for more travel if preferred)
- Develop and show an attitude of continuous learning and willingness to share this with the organization
- Ability to listen and create a dialogue with your team members. Motivate, support and encourage the team to care for them and achieve results in sometimes complex situations
- Reliable, flexible, and problem-solving person
What SPARK offers
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Competitive remuneration range depending on skills and experience
- A contract for 1 year initially, with the possibility to move into a permanent contract.
How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
We prefer to hire somebody in Kigali or Bujambura. In the second instance we consider candidates from other cities in Sub-Saharan Africa.
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/382 until 30th April 2022.
For more information on this position, you can contact the HR team through firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform you that we have not been short-listed.
At SPARK, we embrace diversity in thoughts, opinions, and backgrounds. We’re open-minded and committed to creating a work environment of mutual respect. That’s why your gender, age, religious beliefs, race, sexual orientation, skin color, or any other difference in your background doesn’t influence our hiring decision.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their conflict-affected society into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing not-for-profit development organization with 100+ staff members, which supports young entrepreneurs to start or grow their businesses. SPARK provides displaced youth and women with access to higher education in fragile areas. SPARK specifically focuses its intervention on localization through building the capacities of local partners and stakeholders, green entrepreneurship, digitalization, and women entrepreneurship.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 30th/ April/ 2022
WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gukora Job Application mu buryo bwihuse kandi bwizewe (Online Application Assistance & Career Counceling), saba ubufasha nonaha : KANDA HANO
WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gutambutsa itangazo ry’Akazi kuri murandasi muburyo bwiza , bugezweho kandi bwihuse, rikagera kuri benshi barikeneye icyarimwe mu gihe gito ( Job Placement Services), saba iyi service nonaha : KANDA HANO
Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda KANDA HANO
Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
196 All the time, 1 To day