🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The purpose of the GHSC-PSM project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and the USAID Office of Population and Reproductive Health (PRH). In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
RMS Ltd is a State-owned company created by the Government of Rwanda with the mandate of managing the end-to-end health supply chain for Rwanda. RMS Ltd provides pharmaceuticals and health commodities towards 5 rights: the right patient, the right drug/dose, the right cost, the right route, and the right time.
The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country through an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future need and manage increasing complexity
The Strategic Advisor to RMS Ltd works closely with the RMS CEO and key stakeholders—including other RMS executive managers–and provides technical support for the development and implementation of supply chain policies and procedures for adequate medicine quantification, procurement, warehousing, inventory management, ordering/issuing and distribution to support the strengthening of supply management systems and to optimize RMS Ltd business processes. The Strategic Advisor supports supply chain capacity building efforts and ensures that systems and processes are in place to assure the continuous availability of medicines. S/he will also coordinate and collaborate directly with the RMS donors such as USAID, UNFPA and other partners and projects.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Strategic Advisor to the Rwanda Medical Supply Limited (RMS Ltd)
Job Closing Date
15th August 2021
Number of Job Positions
This long-term position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist the CEO to develop strategic interventions and advise the executive leadership on the long-term sustainability of RMS Ltd operations.
- Provide technical assistance in restructuring RMS Ltd.
- Provide technical support and policy advices to the CEO of RMS Ltd
- Provide guidance in strategic plan elaboration, other strategies, and budget execution.
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening national and district pharmaceutical supply chains and building expertise in monitoring and supervision.
- Identify the best management practices required.
- Review the technical and administrative reports from RMS Ltd departments and create a clear system of reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation for the organization.
- Provide guidance on analysis of report from departments to see if they are done in accordance with the targets fixed at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- Guide and advise the CEO on the regular monitoring, evaluation and benchmarking of the budget and Annual
- Operational plan based on the indicators.
- Provide problem-solving support and facilitate decision-making and consensus-building.
- Adopt a learning mindset and take personal responsibility for continuous performance improvement, and for supporting the ongoing growth and success of the Advisory team against its broader objectives
- Support CEO Office in building partnerships with donors and key stakeholders, and in mobilizing resources.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, and/or Health Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management, with at least 7 years managerial working experience in the pharmaceutical field.
- Minimum ten years of experience of supply chain management, pharmaceutical management systems and health systems strengthening, and international project management required, including strong skills in monitoring and evaluation of health programs, compliance, and financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements required; experience managing USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems, logistics, and forecasting required.
- Strong leadership and motivational ability.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience using inventory tracking systems and information systems.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis and reporting.
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and results driven.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Documents Needed
- Application should include an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copy of academic qualifications, three professional references, telephone contact and email address, by August 15th, 2021, at 12:00
- E-mail your application on: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “The Strategic Advisor to RMS Ltd Application” as subject of your email. Only complete applications will be vetted, and short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted in relation to the subject.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than 15th /August /2021
49 All the time, 1 To day