Subject Manager and Lecturer, Finance and Operations at Kepler (Deadline: 06th April,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The challenge: All across sub-Saharan Africa, millions of young people struggle every day with access to education and employment – and the kinds of livelihoods that lead to economic security and mobility for themselves and their families. Every young person deserves the chance to be educated; every young person deserves the opportunity to have a meaningful job.
Who we are: Kepler is a non-profit higher education program that is building a transformative model of education-to-employment services for these young people across the region. Our ultimate goal is to contribute to the economic mobility of thousands of individuals, families, and communities in all of our countries of operation. We want to reimagine what higher education can look like in sub-Saharan Africa.
What we do: Through a rigorous curriculum of in-person, online and on-the-job learning, students graduate with the relevant skills and the right attitude to meet the needs of the changing global economy. We partner closely with Southern New Hampshire University in the US.
Our history: Kepler launched in Rwanda in 2013. Our 50+ staff currently serve 550 students across two campuses in Rwanda – our flagship campus in Kigali, as well as a second campus in the Kiziba refugee camp in Western Rwanda, where we serve refugee learners.
The future: Currently, all Kepler students earn their degrees through our degree partner Southern New Hampshire University and that will continue to be a key part of the Kepler model. In parallel, we are working on developing a bachelor’s degree provided by the proposed Kepler College and accredited in Rwanda. Kepler has an ambitious new strategy for the next five years to offer young people in the region different pathways to employment by partnering with other public and private sector universities and reaching a new level of organizational sustainability.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Subject Manager and Lecturer, Finance and Operations
Kepler is looking for an innovative expert in finance and operations to join our faculty and lead the creation of a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Operations at Kepler. The person will take the role of Subject Manager and Lecturer for this new degree program. The work requires collaboration with the staff and it includes designing a program unique in Rwanda that will grow students with relevant knowledge, skills, and attitude and develop them to become experts in finance and operations and stand out in the labor market. The program will be developed in accordance with the standards of Kepler’s proven competency-based educational model including a focus on learning by doing and continuous feedback. This is the first hire and a founding lead for the proposed BSc in Finance and Operations and is expected to lead the hiring of other staff and inspire and guide them to offer excellent academic services.
Job Positing Date: 24th March,2022
Job Closing Date : 06th April,2022
Number of Job Positions
Job Payment Terms and Contract
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Use expertise in finance and operations to help design a competency-based curriculum for a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Operations degree that is workplace-relevant
- Design project-based assessments for market-relevant tools in finance and operations modules
- Teach classes in finance and operations and other related subjects as required
- Regularly evaluate student learning through competency/project-based assessments, including both formative and summative assessments, and provide clear and actionable feedback to students
- Utilize student data to make informed decisions to guarantee all student progress through the curriculum
- Conduct student office hours and create other channels for open and positive communication with students
- Collaborate with the Learning and Design team in planning and implementing new learning content
- Participate and/or co-lead various activities such as meetings, workshops, and seminars
- Manage and develop a team of faculty to teach finance operations modules
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
- PhD in finance, operations management, or other related fields (preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of tools and systems in finance and operations management typically used in Rwanda and East Africa
- Ability to clearly communicate
- Ideal candidates have industry experience as well as experience in education
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Excellent teamwork skills
- 3+ years of management experience is preferred but other candidates will be considered
- Adaptable and flexible
- Energized to work in a fast-paced environment focused on student-centered learning
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 06th/ April/ 2022
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- HOWEVER YOU ARE , WE HOPE THAT YOU ARE A KING HERE , GET YOUR DIRECT ONLINE CHOSEN SERVICE AT WIDECAREERS BY REGISTERING HERE
45 All the time, 1 To day