Written Job Exam for Director of Social Development at District
MARKING SCHEME -DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER AT DISTRICT
- The present exam is for 2 hours / Le present exam est de 2 heures
- The two questions are compulsory and have the same weight (Le deux questions sont obligatoires et comptent les mêmes points)
- You are allowed to write your exam in your language of preference (English or French) /Choisissez la langue de travail qui vous convient ( Anglais ou Français)
- Be brief but do not compromise the quality of your work / Soyez brefs tout en gardant la bonne qualité de votre travail
- Be clean and clear/Prendre soin et être clair
- What is contained in the Rwanda National Social Development Agenda? How do you plan to contribute to its achievements? / Que contient le Programme National du Développement social? Que comptez-vous apporter à ses réalisations? 25 marks
Guidance to the answer:
First of all, there is no comprehensive Rwanda National Social Development Policy as such but the Social Development Agenda can be traced in the 3 different following documents:
10 ) 7 YEAR GOVERNMENT PROGRAM which focuses on continuing to build on achievements in the areas of Good Governance, Justice, Economy and Social Wellbeing in a bid to complete ongoing programs.
- Good Governance: The goal is to keep promoting good governance, consecrating national unity, identity and harmony, catalyzing capabilities, to increase rapid production and development
- Under Justice Pillar, the goal is to continue building a country where prevails the rule of law, human rights and efficient justice that promote development
- Economy has a goal to speed up sustainable economic development through increased production and economic indicators with Rwanda shifting from poor countries to countries not relying on foreign aid.
- Social wellbeing: The goal is to have skilled, knowledgeable, healthy and wealthy citizens.
20) The second document is to refer to is the NATIONAL SOCIAL PROTECTION STRATEGY which defines social protection across two main dimensions where the first dimension comprises the system of regular and predictable cash transfers that will provide income support to those living in poverty and vulnerable falling into poverty (eg: Ubudehe, Girinka, VUP,etc). The second dimension is a means of ensuring access to other public services such as health and education by enabling poor households to overcome financial barriers that they may face.
30) The third document is COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT POLICY aimed at ensuring effective and sustainable participation of the community in its own development, in order to achieve poverty reduction and self-reliance based on the sustainable exploitation of available resources. (15 marks)
Personal contribution to the achievement of the above: A Director of Social Development at District level can play different roles such as: Planner, manager, administrator, assessor, advocate, educator, researcher, developer, broker, mediator, negotiator, etc (at least 5 roles; each two marks = 10 marks)
- Explain fully what you understand by holistic approach in social development arena / Expliquez d’une manière complète ce que vous entendez par l’approache holiste dans le domaine de développement social/ 25 Marks
Guidance to the answer:
Holistic approach is the idea that all properties of a given system in any field of study cannot be determined or explained by the sum of its components parts; instead the system as a whole determines how its parts behave. A holistic way of thinking tries to encompass and integrate multiple layers of meanings and experience rather than defining human possibilities narrowly.
In social development particularly, holistic approach refers to the interconnection/interdependence of all the domains/sectors which concern every human being. It concerns individual, physical, psychological, intellectual, and emotional and this takes into consideration the economic, social, cultural, environmental, political, demographical aspects of the society we live in.
END OF EXAM
228 All the time, 1 To day